Monday, June 30, 2008

Quilt for a Hero


Well my latest project is a quilt for my father-in-law. He's a true American hero having served in the Army in the 60's and doing at least 2 (perhaps 3) tours in Vietnam. He's having prostate cancer surgery tomorrow and I hope to have his lap quilt done within the week to send to him. Here's a picture of the layout of the blocks. I'll start sewing them together later toady. Still might play around with the placement though...
The pattern is "Blue Bamboo" out of the book "9-patch Pizzazz" by Judy Sisneros.
It is a little smaller than I thought but will work as a lap quilt or even a wall hanging. I will probably make a throw pillow to go with it out of the leftover scraps and another Army panel.
Thanks Phil for your service and sacrifice for our country, USA!

No comments: