Friday, October 24, 2008

War of the Worlds Mixed Media Canvas Book

This is the cover of my entry into the ETC (etsy Texas Crafters) design challenge for October.


It is a War of the Worlds themed mixed media canvas book. You will be ablte to vote on Monday October 27th and I will add the link to my blog when it's available. Here is the link to my listing in my etsy shop...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16557008

Here is the link to vote. The list is on the right side and I'm the 3rd from the top(Mixed Media Canvas Book ByBethStudio)...

http://etsytx.blogspot.com/2008/10/october-design-challenge-war-of-worlds.html


My entry is also one of the three prizes as I was sent the original inside album cover image to use in my project. This is a picture of what I started with...


I wish I had thought to take my own picture of the inside album cover spread as it's a little different from the above image as I had none of the words shown above. I just had the picture. I think you'll recognize the parts I used when you look at the inside pages of my book. The words read, "The chances against anything coming from Mars are a million to one but still they come." This is the quote that was printed with the inside album illustration.






And this is the back page...


I got the idea for the canvas book from the article titled Canvas Books A Mixed Media Approach to Preserving Memories in the Oct/Nov 2008 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. It was so much fun to make. It took a lot of time; but, I really got into it and had fun. I hope you like the finished product! I sure would appreciate your vote on Monday! :)

No comments: